Tuesday, July 1, 2014

From Russia with Love

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Coming back home after a long trip to pick up a regular, much more mundane life, is always hard.  It is even much harder if you are returning from Africa, the most wonderful and exotic continent with most unexpected adventures.

Coming back home has its treats, though - the family is getting back together. My daughter returned from Russia - healthy but very thin, mixing Russian words, and more mature and confident than when she left.  She brought a bit of Russia with her, just as I tried to bring back a bit of Africa with me.

Matryoshka, Russian nesting dolls - there are ten of them - can you see the smallest one?

 My new Russian kitchen decoration - the board on the right side is painted by my daughter.
 Cheburashka - a character in children's literature  - not clear if it is a bear or a mouse, but very much beloved, and so cute - check its song.

My daughter loved her necklace from South Africa. Thanks to Effie who helped me find and select it, and my other team mates for accompanying us.

Looking from the front porch, a quiet evening in my street where you can hear only crickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Cape Town

Saturday, July 12, 2014 After the CSC assignment is completed, it is time for a well deserved vacation.  My husband Michael joined me in J...